The 1431 Series is a complete line of surface door closers for interior and exterior doors with flexibility to meet virtually every application. A full complement of arm types and front-facing valves make installation and maintenance easy.
- Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1
- Conforms to UL10C and UBC for positive pressure fire test
- UL Listed and cUL Listed to Canadian Safety Standards listed for use on fire doors
Note: Any retrofit or other field modification to a fire rated opening can potentially impact the fire rating of the opening, and Sargent Manufacturing Company makes no representations or warranties concerning what such impact may be in any specific situation. When retrofitting any portion of an existing fire rated opening, or specifying and installing a new fire-rated opening, please consult with a code specialist or local code official (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ratings.
- 10 year warranty
- User friendly versatile mounting applications permit standard, top jamb, parallel and track installations
- Self sticking templates supplied for most applications
- Adjustable spring power allows 1431 closers a size range of 1 through 6. They are adjusted to size 3 before leaving the factory
- One door closer body for all applications. All 1431are non-handed.
- Meets ADA requirements in all applications, except Push Side Track application (except track)
- High impact non-corrosive plastic covers with two machine screws standard, metal covers and lead lined are optional
- All weather fluid allows closer to operate effectively in extreme temperatures without readjustment
- 1-1/2" diameter piston for superior door control
- Standard pressure relief valves for both opening and closing cycles protect the door & frame from damage caused by abuse
- Retrofits existing SARGENT 1230/1231 Series Closer installations
- 74: Lead lines cover
CPC: Clear powder Coat
MC: Metal Cover
Heavy Duty Construction
- Heat treated full rack and pinion for high strength & wear resistance
- Heavy duty one piece high silicon content aluminum alloy body provides corrosion resistance, superior strength and wear resistance
- 1/2" arm engagement over a 7/16 square spindle ensures a wear-resistant tight joint
- Machine Screws and self tapping screws provided for closer and arm
- In addition, wood screws supplied when installed on wood doors with through bolts
- Separate brass low sensitivity control valves offer ability to separately regulate door speed, latching, backcheck and optional delayed action
- All valves are captured to prevent accidental removal, adjustable with an 1/8" Allen wrench
- Adjustable backcheck protects the door and hardware from damage during the opening cycle
- Adjustable delayed action (optional) permits easy access for physically impaired individuals
Full Complement of Arm Types
- Standard and parallel arms
- Push and pull track arms
- Heavy duty forged steel arms are finely finished and interchangeable between SARGENT 281 and 1431, and 351 Series. The cold formed arms (RO/RP9) are unique to the 1431 series and not interchangeable with other SARGENT closers.
- SARGENT's revolutionary MicroShield®available. This antimicrobial silver-based finish coating permanently suppresses the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew. EPA and NSF approved and FDA listed.