Detex V40 EB Cylinder Dogging Alarmed Rim Exit Device
The V40 EB is designed for primary and secondary exits that require an alarmed panic device. The 100dB alarm will sound when someone attempts to exit, alerting management to the unauthorized exit. US Lock Supply Stocks The V40 EB CD In All Options.
Priced to be the best value for durable and attractive loss prevention panic hardware• Reduces employee and customer theft
• Fast and easy installation
• Secure installation prevents mistakes, enhances security and reduces maintenance
• Durable design provides years of trouble-free protection, saving on replacement costs
• Fits almost any door in any décor
• Controls foot traffic, deters unauthorized exits, prevents loss and meets building code requirements
• V40xEB - Alarmed Exit Device powered by standard 9-volt battery
• Stainless steel, 3/4" deadlocking Pullman-type latch bolt
• 100 decibel alarm
• 1/8 turn cylinder dogging
• Heavy-duty angled end cap
• Heavy-duty ribbed aluminum rail extrusion
• Accommodates all types of mortise cylinders with a standard Yale cam (collar required for 7-pin IC cylinders)
• Patented back plate and plastic strike locator provide paperless template for perfect alignment with door and frame
• Single mortise cylinder (sold separate) provides arming and dogging
• State-of-art electronics offer reliable security and instantaneous alarm
• Field selectable key rearm or 2 min. auto rearm
• Visual and audible arming indicators • Armed and disarmed field selectable status indicator
• CD - Cylinder Dogging (Std.)
• 36 - Fits 36" Door Width (Std.)
• 48 - Fits 48" Door Width
• 99 - Surface Strike (Std.)
• 98 - Semi Mortise Strike
Deadlocking latchbolt provides security and improved performance at standard device cost.
The Quiet One®
A fluid dampener decelerates the pushpad on its return stroke and eliminates most noise associated with exit device operations. Furnished on all 98/99™ series exit devices.
US Lock Supply Stocks The Adams Rite 8410, 8420 Narrow Stile Mortise Exit Devices In Stock Ready To Ship.
• Heavy duty deadlatching mechanism
• Strong, durable construction for a high level of security
• Easy to install
• Clean, unobtrusive design
• Pushbar clad or anodized, not plated, in a variety of finishes
• Fits standard cutout used for the Adams Rite MS® Deadlock on aluminum stile glass doors
8400 Series Certifications:
• UL 305 Panic Hardware
• ANSI/BHMA A156.3 Grade 1
• California State Fire Marshall
• New York City MEA*
*Consult Factory for specific number
Materials: Pushbar made of extruded aluminum, clad or anodized in a variety of finishes.
Handing: Specify handing and bevel if applicable. Lever Entry Trim is field reversible.
Pushbar Length: Standard sizes: dimensioned for 30”, 36”, 42”, and 48” openings. Standard width bars can be field cut to the next smallest opening width.
Backset: Backsets available in 31/32”, 1-1/8”, and 1-1/2”
Door Thickness: Suits 1-3/4” standard. Can be modified for thicker doors.
Stile Width: Minimum 2” Stile. Fits narrow, medium, and wide stile aluminum doors.
Projection: 2-5/8” when fully projected, 1-5/8”when dogged.
Dogging: Standard dogging with hex key or cylinder dogging option. Electric dogging also available.
Fasteners: Standard self-tapping screws.
Cylinders (available separately)
Cylinder x Fixed Pull: (Function 03): Accepts any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam.
3080 Entry Trim (Functions 08, 09): Accepts any standard diameter mortise cylinder with MS® cam. Accommodates cylinder lengths from 1” to 1-1/4”. (Available separately).
Warranty: Five year limited.
Strikes: A variety of strikes are available for different applications and conditions. Standard strike (included), Extended Lip 8460-17 (available separately), Longface 8455-01 (available separately).
Thick and Cladded Door Kits:
• 91-0995-02* - 2” Thick Door Kit
• 91-0995-03* - 2-1/4” Thick Door Kit
• 91-0995-04* - 2-1/2” Thick Door Kit
• 91-0995-05* - 2-3/4” Thick Door Kit
• 91-0995-06* - 3” Thick Door Kit
• 91-0325-01 – Thermal Door Kit – ¼” Cladding
• 91-0325-02 – Thermal Door Kit – ½” Cladding
*Order 8460-XX Long Lip Strike as required.
Please Call If You Cant Find The Option On Our Site. 212-677-6750
Options and Accessories:
Silent Electrification Motorized Latch Retraction: The SE Motorized Latch Retraction option provides near-silent operation for quiet environments such as hospitals, offices, hotels, and libraries where solenoid-driven devices would be disruptive.
Cylinder Dogging: For management control of dogging exit devices for life-safety exit devices only.
Electric Dogging: A holding magnet keeps the pushbar depressed (set manually) and the latch retracted for lower profile exit devices, resulting in less damage and quieter operation.
Matching End Caps: Matching end caps are available for applications where it is preferable that the end caps match the finish of the exit device. Available for US finishes only.
Available Finishes: 313 Dark Bronze Anodized, 335 Black Anodized, 628 Clear Anodized, US3 Bright Brass, US4 Satin Brass, US32 Bright Stainless, US32D Satin Stainless.
Streamlined design includes flush-end cap for clean lines and a more attractive installation
Stainless steel pushpad cover for a scratch-resistant surface
Clean design with no exposed screws or rivets on the back of the device
Patent-pending deadlocking technology ensures reliable security
One trim input design for maximum versatility
Extruded aluminum construction delivers greater strength and impact resistance
The 98-F/99-F devices are available in the following finishes: US3, US4, US10, US26, US26D, US28 and 313AN. US32D available with 98 Series only.
Device Functions: Device ships EO/DT/NL. Field selectable. For TP,K,or L remove NL drive screw from device
Device Lengths: 3’ 2’4" to 3’ (711mm to 914 mm) Door Size; 4’ 2’10" to 4’ (864 mm to 1219 mm) Door Size
Strikes: 299F – Dull Black, 499F with Mullions. Optional Strikes also available
Dogging Feature: No Mechanical Dogging, EL and QEL option available
Electric Options: LX Latchbolt Monitor Switch; RX Pushpad Monitor Switch; RX2 Double Pushpad Monitor Switch; E Electric Locking & Unlocking; EL Electric Latch Retraction; SS Signal Switch; CX Chexit Delayed Exit; ALK Alarm Exit Kit; QEL Quiet Electric Latch Retraction
Mechanical Options: PN Pneumatic Latch Retraction; -2 Double Cylinder; GBK Glass Bead Kit; XP Extra Protection
Fasteners & Sex Bolts (SNB): Includes screw pack for 1-3/4" (19mm) – 2-1/4" (57mm) Wood & Metal Doors Optional 425 SNB available for metal doors. 425 and 825 SNB required on wood doors without SLM blocking.
Latch Bolt: Deadlocking, 3/4" (19mm) throw
Device Centerline from Finished Floor: 39-13/16" (1011 mm); 39-11/16" (1008 mm) with Mullion
Center Case Dimensions: 8" x 2-3/4" x 2-3/8" (203mm x 70mm x 60mm)
Mechanism Case Dimensions: 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (57mm x 57mm)
Projection: Pushbar Neutral – 3-13/16" (97 mm); Pushbar Depressed – 3-1/16" (78 mm)