Altronix Fire Switch 108
NAC Power Supply, 4 Class A, 8 Class B, 24VDC @ 10A, LCD and Network Connection for Programming and Status Monitoring, 115VAC, Red BC400 Enclosure
The Altronix FireSwitch108 is a cost-effective managed NAC Power Extender. It interfaces with 12 or 24VDC Fire Alarm Control Panels (FACP) to provide Notification Appliance Circuit expansion support, for additional horns/strobes to allow ADA compliancy. It also provides auxiliary power to support system accessories. It delivers electronically regulated and filtered 24VDC power to Class B or Class ANAC loop circuits. Alarm current can be divided between the eight (8) outputs for powering NAC devices. Outputs are rated at 2.5A max., and can be independently programmed for Steady, Temporal Code 3 or Strobe Synchronization. All outputs may be programmed for Input to Output Follower Mode (output will follow input. i.e. March Time Input, March Time Output). In non-alarm condition independent loop supervision for Class A and/or Class B FACP NAC circuits is provided. In the event of a loop trouble, the FACP will be notified via the steered input (Input 1 or Input 2). In addition, there are common trouble output terminals [NC, C, NO] which are used to indicate general loop/ system trouble. Two (2) FACP signaling outputs can be employed and directed to control supervision and power delivery to any combination of the eight (8) outputs. It provides a programmable LCD display interface, plus an ethernet port interface for remote programmability and monitoring.
- Power input: 120VAC, 60Hz, 4.8A.
- Two (2) Class A or two (2) Class B FACP inputs.
Input Ratings for - INP1 and INP2:
- 8-30VDC 6.5mA max from FACP.
- 12V 6.5mA, 24V 6.5mA from FACP.
- Two (2) configurable inputs trigger via Class A or Class B FACP signal circuits (polarity reversal) or dry contacts.
- 24VDC regulated power-limited NACs.
- 10A max. total alarm current.
- 7A max. stand-by without battery back-up.
- 1A with battery back-up including Aux. output (0.45A for Canadian applications).
- 2.5A max current per output.
- One (1) auxiliary output rated at 1A (regulated, battery backed up). 0.45A for Canadian applications.
- Any NAC can be configured as an Aux. output with or without battery back-up (special application only). When set as Aux. output, the output is not supervised. Use UL Listed end of line device for the applications if supervision is required.
- Programmable supervised indicating circuit outputs: Eight (8) Class B or Four (4) Class A, or any combination of Class A and Class B circuits.
- Thermal and short circuit protection with auto reset.
- AC fail supervision (form “C” contact, 1A/28VDC).
- Battery presence and low battery supervision (form “C” contact, 1A/28VDC).
- AC local dry contact output (form “C” contact, 1A/28VDC).
- Built-in charger for sealed lead acid or gel type batteries.
- Automatic switchover to stand-by battery when AC fails.
- Zero voltage drop when switching over to battery backup.
- Indicates trouble and conditions of operation
- Facilitates quick identification of a fault.
- Displays which output fault has occurred on.
- Programmable LCD display interface.
- EOL resistor value is programmable by output.
- Ethernet port interface for remote programmability and monitoring.
- 2-wire horn/strobe Sync mode allows audible notification appliances (horns) to be silenced while visual notification appliances (strobes) continue to operate.
- Sync protocols include Potter, Gentex®, System Sensor® , and CooperWheelock®.
- Temporal Code 3, Steady Mode, Input to Output Follower Mode (maintains synchronization of notification appliances circuit).
- Compatible with 12VDC or 24VDC fire panels.
- Output loop supervision directed to input 1 or input 2.
- Common trouble Dry N.C. output for reporting trouble to remote FACP.
- Ground fault detection - Ground fault maximum test impedance 1,000 Ohm.
- Ground fault Dry N.O. output to report ground fault to remote FACP.
- CO Temporal Code 4 (NFPA720) include Gentex® , Potter and System Sensor® devices.
- Operating: 0ºC to 49ºC (32ºF to 120ºF).
- Storage: - 20ºC to 70ºC ( - 4ºF to 158ºF).
- Relative Humidity 85% +/- 5%.
- 123 BTU/Hr.